Twelve Random Things
March 22, 2011 | My Jottings
1. For the last several days Spring has really made her presence known, with snow dripping off the roofs, patches of brown grass showing in the yard, temperatures in the balmy 40s, and more daylight. And in some places nearby, crocuses bravely pushing through.
2. We saw Rango recently and thought it was very long, brilliantly animated, and extremely scary.
3. Four year-old Lil’ Gleegirl (also known as The Mooster) spent the night at Grandpa and Grandma’s last night and was very brave when getting her hair washed, rinsed and combed out.
4. Last night we had our final beginning knitting class. Sharon helped me finish a scarf, helped Ginny and Su finish their cowls, Gail began a scarf for her daughter, Lana began a blanket for her first grandson, and Mackenzie and Sara made progress on their cowls.
5. I, who can never have too many books within my reach, have not read a book since the beginning of Lent. It’s not as hard as I thought, but I’m still very aware of how quickly things other than prayer rush in to fill the void.
6. Tonight I have SAGs. Being with Pat, Gail and Lorna is always a shot in the arm, a dose of hope, a haven of compassion, a circle of understanding and encouragement…a true gift from God.
7. I have SAGs tonight unless the predicted blizzard hits early and it won’t be safe to drive. Then we’ll have to set another date for our SAGs meeting. The forecast is for 50 mph winds and very heavy snow, possibly like a record-breaking blizzard we had a couple of years ago, where the houses looked like this.
8. We bought a new CD to play when the grands visit, and Michael and I like it as much as they do. Check it out here, and take a few seconds to listen to some of the samples. The kids love Brent Holmes’s singing and they giggle at the clever animal songs. Listen to samples 2, 4 and 5 if you want to hear Bernie the bear actually singing. It’s exactly how I imagined bears would sound like when they sing. 🙂
9. Carolyn warmed my heart and made me grin when she told me about their four kids putting on a circus for them the other day. Clara did magic tricks, Elijah was a clown, Vivie twirled a ring on her arm while humming a circus-like tune, and I can’t remember what Audrey did. Just was herself, I suppose.
10. Sara came into our room right after we went to bed last night and gave me a 10-minute hand massage. A little bit of heaven.
11. I found a new recipe today that I know I will make – it sounds fabulous.
12. I am going to write a blog post soon called “What to do when you keep waking up sad.” There really are some helpful things to try…I’m getting pretty good at them and thought I’d share.
What are your twelve random things today? Or four random things? Or one random thing?
1. I talked to an elderly gentleman on the phone today, for 30 minutes… just about dogs. I loved every second of it.
2. Today is a ridiculously clumsy day. I have 3 new bruises, a scratch, and some red jello stain on my shoe. I have spilled fruit cocktail, mashed potatoes, coffee, and a multitude of papers.
3. This afternoon I plan on holding signs on a busy street in town. I think that my sign today will say, “Live for a purpose, love Jesus.” Or maybe “Jesus brings hope and offers love.”
4. It’s official. I didn’t get a part-time job (that I love) for the summer that I was hoping for, and after the first week in May… I will be out of money completely. Now on to finding a summer job that I hate. I’m highly disappointed and extremely sad.
5. I recently “stole”, if you could even call it that, an extremely large tree trunk off of University of Kentucky’s campus. They had recently “felled” a tree and chopped the trunk into large, circular pieces and we took one to put on the deck of my friend’s new apartment. It was quite the adventure. It took four of us to carry it.
6. I spent a long time with Jesus last night, repented from not being more “all about Jesus” as my fusion group talked about… Today has been amazing, and highly blessed.
7. I’ve started working on my bucket list, which I will soon post as a blog.
8. I keep thinking about a cute little house, all to myself… with flowers on the front porch, adn a spare bedroom for a craft room. Complete with a dog and cat, of course.
9. I’m pleasantly surprised at how well the can of odor-blocking-hides-your-shoe-stink works.
10. I don’t want to clean my room. I get so overwhelmed with livin in a tiny space, where I don’t even have a closet… but I can’t be in my room when it’s this messy.
11. I don’t like fried chicken. But yes, I am still an American.
12. I desperately need a neck massage…
I always love your lists, Savannah! ILYTCAF…
1. I’ve just been invited to join an online book club called – Across the Miles. Three of the members live in Cloquet, two reside in Tucson and one is in Stafford, VA. The Internet really is a marvelous thing!
2. I’ve been asking the Lord to help me reconnect with women in my area and today I had lunch with two women that I met years ago – when we were all newly married. It was like coming home to a warm and familiar place. I just love the sisterhood of the Lord!
3. I’m finishing the A.W.Tozer book – Of God and Men. Wow! And I do mean…wow! A feast for the soul!
4. I just baked a yummy loaf of Whole Wheat Banana Bread with toasted pecans and toffee chips. Mmmm good! Time for a cup of tea.
Every one of those sounds wonderful, Carey. 🙂
lol I am absolutely hopeless at lists. They turn into these really random bunny trails.Eg: ! I was making spread sheets with Liddy but 2. got sidetracked [because spread sheets are really boring] looking for what they dug up on an island whose name I don’t know 4. Suspect Anglesey/Mona. 5.Do they have a golf course on Mona? 6. Did you know they actually had an island known as Island of the bards? Meanwhile 7. I watched an entire thing on Bouddicca on~line because it was there 8. Got cross because they were either inaccurate or too brief or both 9. Remembered I was in the middle of a blog post about something or other before the bunny trail 10. Grabbed Star’s school book to read at choir because I haven’t read it about the Sami 11. Meditated on the joik & 12 forgot to 1. make a drs appointment for son, 2. go to the library for daughter or 3. leave something simple for dinner for the lot who stayed home but didn’t want to cook. Useless. If my head wasn’t screwed on…& some days I have my suspicions about that! 😀
Your lists and rabbit trails make for very entertaining reading, Ganeida. I need to have a dictionary nearby when you comment too – so many things I’ve never heard of before! Blessings….
1. I am almost done with a scarf knit in the Octopus’s Garden and Gulf of Mexico colorways.
2. My horsedog is snoring.
3. I bit a tortilla chip strangely today and it stabbed me in the gums. Now that spot is swollen and sore.
4. I love Honey Nut Cheerios and do not allow myself to buy them, because I will eat them all.
5. I took some amazing pictures of the wind on the Lake today. Rocks coated with ice and big, rolling surf.
Oh dear. I’m afraid a regular dictionary won’t help you much ~ though a Celtic one might. ;D The Sami is what the Lapps prefer to be called & a joik, if you haven’t heard of it, is a traditional Sami song. Sorrow. Didn’t actually expect you to try & follow that.
That was helpful!