Today’s Ten Things
December 8, 2008 | My Jottings
1. We just had a beautiful snowfall in my neck of the woods.
2. I just finished a thoughtful book by Marilynne Robinson called Home.
3. Michael and I enjoyed tea and Scottish shortbread yesterday while having our devotional in our plaid bedroom chairs.
4. We will have a new window and a new baseboard heater installed on the third floor this week.
5. The dogs need their teeth cleaned.
6. I am putting up three Christmas trees this year, even though I’m feeling a tad Scroogely.
7. My daughter told me about online Pandora radio and I really like it.
8. I sometimes long to live in an Alpine country.
9. I am trying to focus on being loving, not on being right.
10. When I don’t know what else to do, counting my blessings out loud helps.
What are your ten things today?
1. I enjoy reading your great ideas.
2. I am volunteering for my boss today at her office to do
some needed posting. In return she is coming to my
office to handle a very involved young persons life.
3. Continue with my Christmas Decorations.
4. Spend my quiet time with The Lord on my trip to
Grover Beach and back.
5. Stop at Harry & Davids to buy a very important house
warming gift – they are in Pismo Beach.
6. My home needs vacuuming and can do it in 30 minutes when
I put my mind to it.
7. Get my Christmas gifts in the mail.
8. Think about the New Year and all the changes that are
going to take place.
9. Remind myself to pray for the President elect and his
10. Buy my Christmas cards – could not do it last year but
will this year for sure.
1. I also love reading your lists.
2. I am studying for finals, trying not to be overwhelmed.
3. Am pushing all desires of wanting to scrapbook and make Christmas cookies until Finals week is over. *sigh*
4. Am trying hard not to doodle with my 22 beautiful, nice smelling, sharpies… instead of studying.
5. Am still praying that I recieve a call saying that I got the job I interviewed for!
6. I have listened to my “101 Christmas Classics” CD at least three times in the past two/three days. That’s about 10 hours of Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, and Rosemary Clooney. Pure heaven.
7. Have promised myself that I WILL clean my room tonight. I will, I will, I will!
8. I am counting down the days until WMS! (World Missions Summit – a Chi Alpha conference in Cinci, Ohio that is all U.S. Chi Alpha.) God used it to change my life last year, and it’s going to happen again!
9. Would give anything in the world to be at home with my marmie, putting puzzles together, drinking coffee, and talking for hours.
10. Thinking that this was a very nice study break!
1. Seek God’s perspective in my life (my view is a bit skewed).
2. Seek God’s will in my life.
3. Pray as I remember the real reason for the season.
4. Continuing my Christmas Gift shopping on line today.
5. Sheesh, my dog’s teeth need cleaning too!
6. Call someone I haven’t spoken to in a while just to say hi.
7. Finish a data entry project for work.
8. Look online for a class to take on web site development.
9. Journal a little bit.
10. When I feel overwhelmed I too will count my blessings out loud.