October 24, 2008 | My Jottings
I will drive five lovely women to the Twin Cities soon to attend a leadership conference for Community Bible Study. My dear husband will be at home taking care of people, dogs and details here.
Here are some things on my to-do list that really should be attended to before we depart:
1. Put gas in the Odyssey and check the oil.
2. Make sure a fresh box of Kleenex is in the van.
3. Print out driving directions to hotel.
4. Remove the old computer keyboard from the back of the van.
5. Remove the green and camouflage snake costume from the way-back of the van.
6. Pack a Honeycrisp apple and a Kashi Peanut Butter bar for snacks.
7. Make sure I wear the jeans with Lycra.
8. Wear turtleneck since my neck gets cold when I drive long distances.
9. Make sure meals at home are planned for.
10. Kiss everyone goodbye, see the emotion in my husband’s eyes and begin to question why I ever agreed to go in the first place.