My Man, Part 1
October 3, 2008 | My Jottings
I just read this list of questions on a blog I tune into occasionally, and I thought it was time I shared a little about my husband Michael.
1. He’s sitting in front of the television – what is on the screen? Sports, M*A*S*H, the History Channel, National Geographic stuff or an old John Wayne movie.
2. You’re out to eat – what main dish will he have (or wish he was having), and what kind of dressing will he order for his salad? Chorizo Burrito or a walleye fillet, and like me, blue cheese dressing on the salad.
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like? He hates even the smell of cucumbers from across a room. (He just corrected me – he says he despises cucumbers).
4. You go out to a bar, what kind of drink does he order? A bar? What bar? He’s pretty much a teetotaler.
5. Where did he go to high school? Proctor High School, Proctor, Minnesota.
6. What size shoe does he wear? 10 1/2 or 11.
7. If he were to collect anything, what would it be? He does collect coins and agates, and would probably add to his collection of boy-toys (four-wheeler, snowmobile, boat, canoes, etc.) if we had room to store them.
8. What’s his favorite type of sandwich? Anything with a Fred Flintstone-sized slab of meat on it.
9. What would he eat every day if he could? Pork, beef, sausage, bratwurst, steak, salmon, walleye, trout.
10. What is his favorite cereal? The kind that tastes like sausage, fried eggs and hash browns.
11. What would he never wear? Gold chains around his neck, speedos, fedoras and capes.
12. What is his favorite sports team? The Minnesota Twins.
13. Who will he vote for? Hmmm. Probably not Ron Paul. Or Oprah’s guy.
14. Who is his best friend? He would say first that it is Jesus, then probably about four or five men friends he fishes with.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? Get bossy and abrupt when I’m under stress (we call it Witchinson’s around here).
16. How many states has he lived in? Minnesota and Florida by choice, California and North Carolina as a United States Marine.
17. What is his heritage? Scottish, Polish, French and Norwegian.
18. What kind of cake does he want you to bake for his birthday? Dark chocolate cake with Virginia’s Peanut Butter and Chocolate Frosting.
19. Did he play sports in high school? Baseball and Cross Country.
20. What could he spend hours doing? Fishing, walking in the woods, sitting in a deer stand, house projects.
My Man, Part 2 coming soon.
Your man, My Papa!