Your opinions requested
July 29, 2009 | My Jottings
As I near my one year anniversary of keeping this little blog, I’m thinking about what to change, what not to change, and all of those kinds of profoundly important matters. I would be grateful for your feedback, even (perhaps even especially) if you’ve never left a comment before. And I also would like to say thank you so much to those of you who recently wrote to encourage me about the blog. *Sniff* 🙂
In your opinion,
1. How often would you like to see a new blog entry? Every day? Every other day? Twice a week? Once a week?
2. Will you still read a blog entry if it doesn’t have a photo? (I read recently that one very famous blogger refuses to read a complete blog post on other peoples’ blogs unless it’s full of photos – if she sees only words she moves on. I thought this a little strange, since I read blogs and books without pictures all the time…but I realize everyone is different.)
3. What kinds of things do you like to see in a blog? Do you like diary-like entries with details of a person’s day? Do you like stories of events? Do you like devotional-like entries? Do you like funny stories? Sad? Spiritual? Details about family? Do you read the Joys section? Would you like to see an occasional recipe? All of the above?
4. Approximately how many blogs do you regularly read? Feel free to share what other blogs you like – I always love a good recommendation.
5. Do you think my blog could use a makeover? Perhaps a new home page with new colors/elements? I know people who have their blogs done over regularly.
6. Have you ever entered the monthly bloggy giveaway? If not, why not?
7. Lastly, can you think of any idea/topic you would like to see written about on the blog? I actually have over thirty drafts in the works, (“Organ Lessons,” “Heart Monitor,” “Dixon,” “Druthers 4,” “Yook At Dat Yake!” and “Virginia, My Mom,” among others) but I’d like to know what you’re interested in reading about. Maybe you have a great idea!
I know there are a lot of questions here, but I hope you’ll help me out and offer your thoughts – I value your opinions. You can answer by leaving a comment (it’s really, really, easy to do) or if you like, you can e-mail me by clicking on the words “Contact Me.”
If you would only like to answer a couple of these questions instead of all seven, that’s great too.
I’ll be sharing my bloggy findings soon, but I won’t quote you if you don’t want me to.