November 8, 2013 | My Jottings
Spam /noun/ — Irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
I don’t understand Spam. I find it perplexing why my husband has always liked the “meat product” by Hormel called Spam. Years ago he used to buy it for himself when he would occasionally grocery shop. It didn’t seem to bother him that the block of soft, pink meat would slide out of the can covered in slimy gelatin and smell like someone’s serious digestive disturbance. He liked it on sandwiches and fried up in a pan. I can proudly attest to never having tasted one morsel of Spam in my life.
The other kind of Spam has not been so easy for me to elude. I find it in my blog’s spam folder a lot, and I don’t understand it either. There were nine spam comments in my spam folder this morning, and I thought I’d generously share with you all what some people all over the world spend their time doing.
These are a few word-for-word comments left on my blog (that got tagged as spam, thankfully):
1. Superior Net-website! I necessary to ask if I may webpages and use a element of the net world wide web website and use a couple of aspects for just about any school job. Remember to inform me by way of electronic mail whether or not that would be excellent. Many many thanks.
2. Excellent put up, very informative. I ponder why the opposite specialists of this sector do not notice this. You must proceed your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!
3. Other news reports on drug cartels and Mexico in 2010 included a raid in South America where a totally submersible submarine, to be used for drug smuggling, was found under construction in the jungle, the murder of a U. Moreover, it is not a good idea to purchase a prescription drug online without seeing first your doctor even if you fill out a health-probing questionnaire. Even so the trends are commuting and more and more people prefer to purchase drugs from Online Stores. More than 100 different pharmaceuticals have been detected in lakes, rivers, reservoirs and streams throughout the world.
4. I all the time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of internet so from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.
5. Just a tip – I bought several really cheap little carpet dots the other day and affixed them to the bottom of the feet of my dining room chairs. No more scraping along the floor boards when my daughter makes use of them like a walker!
6. While interesting while little league can be, it can be quite a lot of work to perform distinct goes. What’s more, it Presented a lot of online games in on-line. Declare “one, a pair of, about three, a number of, a few, a number of, about three, a pair of, one particular.”
If you have a blog you know what I’m talking about. And of course our email inboxes can often have a few ugly, unmentionable spam messages there as well.
With all there is to do in the world, I just don’t get it. Think of all the books to be read, the walks in the woods, the sunrises to enjoy, lonely people to connect with, jobs to perform, meals to prepare, houses to clean, friends to encourage, naps to take. It’s hard for me to understand why so many people spend their time spamming other people who don’t want their spam. It can’t be that lucrative, can it? Does anyone have insight on this?