Seven random things
June 2, 2009 | My Jottings
1. The SAGs and I had our monthly dinner in Gilbert, MN last week, at a Jamaican restaurant called The Whistling Bird.
2. I just finished a great book by Lisa Genova called Still Alice.
3. I now have a Personal Assistant (she cooks, she organizes, she runs errands, she does paperwork!) and she is making a wonderful difference in my life.
4. Michael and I will be visiting Madeline Island in the Apostle Islands soon, to celebrate our 28th anniversary.
5. We went down fast water slides whooping and hollering, and swam for hours recently at The Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
6. I’m memorizing Philippians 4:8 right now: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (And pondering what my life would be like if I just put this verse into practice for one month. And wondering how people would respond if I chose to think of them in this manner too.)
7. I like a handful of peanuts on my romaine, red onion and blue cheese salads.
Upcoming blog posts include: “Bring them here to Me…”, Who is praying for you?, When Oprah Came Calling, “…full of grace and truth…”, and Organ lessons.
Exciting stuff. You don’t want to miss it.
Now, what are your seven random things today? (or five or three or one?)
1. I stayed up till 11 o’clock playing Maffia and Psychiatrist with Christ Ambassador kids. I wore a daisy chain I had made at the park the entire time.
2. I keep thinking about how someone payed for my coffee and bagel at Fidalgo Bay (a nice coffee shop in Murray). I found out that a woman buys whatever the car behind her had ordered every morning. No matter the price. Sometimes it creates a chain, said the lady at the window, and it’s mid afternoon before the chain stops. Isn’t that wonderful?
3. I’m excited about holding signs in front of Walgreens and CVS today. I’m trying to decide what sign I want to hold…? My “Jesus Loves You” or “If you died today, where would you spend eternity?” sign. Hmm….
4. I’m getting a pair of really cool TOM’S shoes today. And so is a little kid that needs shoes. You should check out their website.
5. Saturday Mom and I went to Paducah to go shopping. One of the things on my “To Get” list was a protective case for my new ipod. I spent twenty dollars on this shiny clear case, and ended up jamming a hole in it because what I thought was a piece of plastic to open the case was actually a protective covering. So now I have a bright yellow ipod with a scared and slightly scratched case. Oh well.
6. Last week I planted my garden. And today it looks especially beautiful.
7. I haven’t been journaling like I usually do… so today I am going to make sure that I have at least thirty minutes to write my thoughts done, as well as my goals for this summer.
Julie, I loved your list!! I love a lot of the things on your list too!!
Here is my list:
1)We are in the midst of remembering what summer is like when we spend all day with friends, playing outside, having communal meals. It’s wonderful.
2)I watched my two year old son learn a lesson today about being the only one who doesn’t get an ice cream cone for dessert because he didn’t eat more than 2 bites of his lunch and then told the one who prepared his lunch that it was yucky. Which it wasn’t, and it was all things he likes!! What he doesn’t know is that despite all of this, watching him be the only kid without an ice cream cone was harder on me than it was on him.
3)I am getting ready to start the book, The Cape Ann, and I am excited about it.
4)Last Friday my husband and I went to the movie, Fireproof, and loved it!
5)I had a “craft room accident” yesterday and injured my toe, which is now very black and blue and sore. This morning, the drawer of my cocktail table fell out and landed on my toe of the other foot, which is now black and blue and sore.
6)I can’t stop thinking about attending my friend’s weekly “Terrific Tuesday” at her cabin this summer. It’s a very therapeutic place for me.
7)I recently discovered the new restaurant/lounge, whatever, called Black Water downtown. It’s so great and I can’t wait to go back!
1. I’ve had my bedroom alarm clock set one hour fast for the past three weeks, and surprisingly it has helped me to get up early and get to work on time each day.
2. I got a sliver from white washing furniture and removed it this morning with a safety pin and tweezer.
3. I bouqht “The Best of The Andrews Sisters” CD this past weekend and am enjoying it.
4. I am going to practice one act of random kindness this week to a stranger.
5. I eat way too much cheese.
6. I haven’t washed the inside of my car in close to a year.
7. I like to eat mint and basil alone or pretty much with anything.
1. It takes 5 minutes to dry my hair with a blow dryer and another minute to vacuum up what fell out up from the floor.
2. Guatemala Huehuetenango Italian Roast coffee beans make a great cup of coffee.
3. According to the library web page, I’m the 8th of 12 waiting for the book “Still Alice”.
4. Chocolate Molten Lava Cake by Culinary Circle is a very good dessert. It can be found in the frozen food section at Cub Foods. 🙂
5. My Bougainvillea hanging plant is just beautiful!
6. This week my least favorite phrase is “frost warnings tonight.” 🙁
7. I’d enjoy traveling more if I didn’t have a phobia pertaining to hotel/motel beds.
Love to you on this beautiful day!