Things to say thanks for
July 11, 2009 | My Jottings
Our household is busy, noisy and fun these days, full of daughters and sons-in-law and little children. And incorrigible, nervous Schnauzers. Most of the little kids are at the beach right now, digging in the sand and probably not going in the water, as Lake Superior is bound to be chilly still. I have five minutes to add a new post, and this is what came to mind – things I would like to say thanks for.
1. Healthy grandchildren running wild and giggling in a big house.
2. The constant birdsong outside my office window.
3. Cool summer temps and low humidity – Michael and I say “Good sleepin’ weather!”
4. Music that brings tears.
5. Wonderful, generous daughters.
6. Kind and faithful husband.
7. Abundance – why others in this world don’t have it, I don’t understand. For now I’m blessed with it – I don’t understand that either, but am saying thank you.
8. Loyal, lifelong friends.
9. Piles of books – good reading memories and more to anticipate.
10. Jesus – His grace and truth. Nothing would be the same without Him.
What are the things you say thanks for today?